This week is going to be dedicated to one of my favourite citrus fruits - GRAPEFRUIT. We love it around my house and eat it in all sorts of recipes. It makes such a delicious, healthy snack and makes a nice side for breakfast, brunch, or lunch but can also be eaten as a main.
Grapefruit Citrus Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 0 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
1 tbsp of honey
1 bunch of mint
1) Peel & de-seed grapefruits and oranges
2) Carefully slice the fruit into individual bite-size pieces (make sure to remove as much of the pith as possible)
3) Place into a large bowl and then cut the pomegranate in half and smack with a wooden spoon over the bowl until the desired amount of its seeds are obtained
4) In a separate small bowl, whisk together the juice of the lime and honey. Drizzle over the fruit mixture.
5) For added flavour and extra freshness add a few mint leaves around the perimeter of the salad.
All photos by Robert Gontier. iPhone 6.